Saturday, October 3, 2015

A positive end to the week

Over the past few days, I hit a bit of a wall emotionally.

It was enough to throw me into a moderate, depressive state and sap both the motivation and desire to blog anything new.

....and then if you add to that, A few mildly annoying occurances I had:
*A beyond crummy workday.
*Getting a glass chip in my car windshield afer replacing the whole thing, due to a large crack, about a year ago. Both instances were courtesy of a wayward rock sprung up from the road.
*Getting pulled over on my way to work because I hadn't yet had time to replace a burned out headlamp (which, in turn,  made me nice and LATE for work...).

Not to mention my horse time was pretty non existant....

BUT

I dug my heels in on Friday. 

I got set up with my insurance to have the glass chip fixed. I bought a bulb from Farm and Fleet and fixed my headlight (with the help of a You Tube video and an extra hand from my mom).

The only thing left to remedy was to get some horse time in....

...and as luck would have it, today was Saturday (NO work).

I spent a VERY nice (albeit a bit COLD) day with my sweet, old man, Griffin.

We had a long brush session complete with a few Raspberry/Alfalfa,  Senior Horse cookies (they are so aromatic, people can smell them a few feet away in the barn aisle). Fussy boy, connoisseur, Griffin LOVES them!

We did a hand walk out to the road, and down it a bit (grazing photos along the way below), and had ourselves a much enthusiastic, walking ride in the outdoor arena.

As usual, Griffin asked to leave the arena, but was pretty well behaved when I suggested we do some bends and gentle yields first.

The wind was whipping around like crazy, and was loud to boot....but my old man payed attention like a champ and we both gave the Tazmanian, crazy wind a proverbial middle finger.  *Big Grin*

I found myself reminiscent of where we were at this time last year. Griffin was layed up with a NASTY, stifle injury and I was resigned to cold hosing, medicating and hand walks for the next 6 months or so....

....and then to add insult to injury, he was diagnosed with Cushings Disease a few months later..

Today, I felt like I had my horse back in a matter of speaking.

I feel Thankful that all of the tears, emotional struggle, and effort (and $$$) have payed off to bring back Griffin's happiness and enthusiasm for the time we spend together.

I feel thankful to have such great barn owners in Tammy and Randy and all they have done to lend help and support at times when they were most needed.  My anxious self couldn't have held it together without them!!

Each day I have with Griffin is a gift....and while I have no expectations for what the future will bring,  I find myself hoping that Griffin has several, enjoyable, happy retirement years yet to come! ♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment