Sunday, September 20, 2015

Adding Insult to Injury and a few cat photos...

Yesterday was a pretty long day. I was at my folk's place most of the day and into the late evening. I have a close relationship with my parents, so we spend a lot of time talking.

As I mentioned,  my back has been getting better. My body must have thought it needed a new way to injure itself.

So as I was leaving...... (keep in mind that my parent's house is in the country, so except for a few lights on their pole barn and the front of the house,  it is PITCH BLACK outside)....I stepped outside the side door of the garage to walk out to my car and tripped on a plastic, dog dish that was laying next to the sidewalk.

My mom had rinsed it off (or something) after our last camp outing and set it in the grass next to the garage. It simply hadn't made its way back into her camper yet. Me, being me...I moved it to mow and then tossed it back where it was (which was in the grass right next to the side walk). I really should have just put it back in the camper......

Anyway, when I left that night, I must have briefly stepped off the narrow sidewalk in the dark and of course my feet found the stupid bowl to trip on.

I literally went flying through the air and face planted hard in the grass. I didn't loose my wind, but I felt so stupid, I just layed in the grass a few moments thanking god that it was dark and no one was outside to witness my idiotness...

When I finally got up on my feet, I went back into the house to turn every available outside light and the garage light on to locate my car keys which had flown out of my hand and now had turned into a treasure hunt in the grass.

My knee hurt and so did my elbow. Just Grand!! *Insert Sarcasm.**

Going back into the house before failing to brush off all the grass, my parent's entryway now looked like I had been bailing hay in there....My mom, being the Saint she is, said not to worry, she would sweep it up....

Thankfully I found my keys without succumbing to the desire to ask my mom for assistance in my little treasure hunt and proceeded on my way home...

This morning, after my flying lesson without a pilot, my knee is swollen and bending my elbow to do certain things like brushing my hair is a challenge.

....and I was looking forward to rides on both my horses today after being unable for a whole week because of my back.

So, while I sit here and ponder a few ways to still make that happen,  I'll share a few photos of my Feline boys (because they always help to make things better)♡♡.

No comments:

Post a Comment