Monday, September 14, 2015

ALL Good things eventually end..

It was a super busy weekend with lots to get done.

Still, I managed a ride with both horses yesterday.

We couldn't have asked for better weather.

Every time I ride Tex, I love him more and more. He has every quality I want in my next horse.

He is brave on trails...

He is brave on the road...

His only downfall is that he's not a fan of doing more than a trot. He certainly WILL canter, but it takes a lot of pushing to get him there.

With that said, I don't really care about that. I don't show. I trail ride. I don't care if he looks fancy. I want him to get me down a beautiful trail without trying to kill me.

I, myself, have physical issues that make riding a strenuous discipline nearly impossible. Having a ground covering walk and a nice (smooth) trot are important to me. While a smooth canter would be nice, it's not really necessary for what I like to do.

Tex can do everything I need and do it happily.

My lease with him will end next June.  At that time, Vickie (his owner & my friend) will either sell him or keep him as her sole riding horse. It will all depend on how things go with HER current lease horse. A horse she wants to purchase.

I would love nothing more than to become Tex's new owner if those stars were to align.  Sadly, even if I could find the $$ to buy him, I'm pretty sure I would unable to be able to afford full  board on both him and Griffin.

It's so bittersweet.  I'm having lovely rides on a horse I truly mesh with, but I know they will come to an end roughly 7 months from now.

For now all I can do is enjoy the time we have and cherish all those nice rides.

**sigh**

No comments:

Post a Comment