Saturday, September 26, 2015

Cat tree drama that ends well...

Last week, the boys and I had some "Kitty drama" on Wednesday morning.

I have often joked that my downstairs neighbor must think I have elephants running around my apartment.

One of my boys' favorite play times just happens to be when I first get up in the morning.  They run and jump and wrestle like wild children and they often have a blast doing it!!

Simon and Lukus have a great adopted, brotherly relationship,  so there's really never any sparring type issues.

What they do like to do is just have FUN!

At any rate, they were having one of their wild mornings on Wednesday.  At one point Lukus was hanging off the top of the cat tree, upside down and Simon was underneath, perched on the top of the "house" part, batting at Luk.

It must have gotten a bit too intense, because the top of the house part caved in!! Simon went with it, but it didn't faze him. He simply hopped out and continued his paw war with Lukus from the side.

I was standing at my dining room table,  wrapping a few presents for Fiona when all of this transpired. Since I was in the middle of my wrapping, I didn't think much of it. I just assumed that the lid would fit back on the house and maybe need to be glued or something. I thought I'd just throw it back together before I head out to work.

Little did I realize that it wasn't that simple. ..

When I was ready to leave, I want over to the cat tree and discovered that the top was actually held in by 2 inch staples pounded in sideways!!

YIKES!!!

I can't say enough how glad I was that I was home when this happened!!! Visions of my boys tearing themselves to pieces were not pleasant thoughts!!

So upon discovering this, I texted my supervisor and informed her that I would be late to work.

I got out a hammer and proceeded to reverse pound all of the dangerous staples out of the top of the circular base.

Without a (safe)way to fix the lid, it too, got thrown out.

I wasn't too bummed about it because my cats rarely lay in the bottom. Very occasionally, only Simon would curl up inside for a nap. I figured if nothing else, they might have more fun darting in and out through the top.

Well, it seems the top doesn't matter because I snapped the photos below just a few minutes ago.....

♡♡Serious cuteness♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment