Monday, September 7, 2015

Hot....yet again

I don't really have a whole lot to say today other than the fact that it's Labor Day....and.....well...I'm going to go provide some Labor. I'm working for the extra cash so I can (hopefully) afford a new  blanket for Griffin before winter.
Given the Cushing ' s disease and old age, I want to give him that extra help so he won't be burning valuable calories to stay warm.
Yesterday was another hot, humid, craptastic, summer day. It was worse than Saturday.
...and me....
I did virtually nothing (and the steps on my fitbit reflect that).
I went to get some groceries and then pretty much laid around with my book for three quarters of the day.
I did finally drag myself to the barn around 2:45pm. My friend, Kris was supposed to have a Dressage lesson at 3 pm and I wanted to watch (with her permission of course).
When I got to the barn, I found out that her lesson had been moved up an hour at the last minute, so I was unable to observe. :-(
At any rate, I brought Griffin into the barn for some grooming and bonding time. He enjoyed standing in front of the giant, barn fan while I brushed.
I didn't feel much like riding, but Griffin is doing so well right now with his stretches and walking rides, I decided a short ride would be good.
Since I never ride him more than 30 minutes anymore (only light exercise for my beloved retiree), a short ride for us was about 15 minutes.  We did a few laps around the indoor (to be away from the flies and baking sun), some stretches and called it a day.  As you can see in the photo, Grif looks about as enthused about the heat as I am. Griffin has always handled hot weather VERY well, but I think we are BOTH ready for some cooler temperatures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment