Sunday, September 6, 2015

Trails and Good Friends

I had to push myself to go to the barn yesterday.  I happily spent the morning at home with my cats, getting housework done, cuddling, and reading my book.

A few days ago my good barn friend, Brenda, had asked if I wanted to go for a ride when she got done with work.

Of course I never say "No" to something like that.

I planned on getting to the barn early to get Tex, my lease horse, ready and be all set to go when Brenda got there (I'm known for my extra long grooming sessions)!

...but do things ever happen the way we want them to?

I got to the barn almost right after one of my other barn friends,  Kris.
....and then ANOTHER barn bud showed up. Kristi.

So we sat around & talked.

...and then Brenda arrived and we sat around and talked some more.

We did eventually get around to getting the horses and going for a ride. It was a scorcher of a day (high 89 with some serious humidity), but once we all got out to ride together, no one seemed to notice. I LOVE rides like this!

We rode in some of the fields around the farm (the top photo shows Griffin watching Tex and I in the field behind his pasture). I miss riding my boy in the fields & woods, but I know it's safer for him to be in good, flat footing for our short, walk rides...

Kristi had to do evening chores (since Tammy was away at a show) and Kris wanted to work on some arena exercises, so Brenda and I finished with a ride down the road. Except for the single car that passed us (going WAY TOO FAST), it was nice. Really nice.

We all agreed, with fall coming,  we need to ride together MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment