Saturday, September 12, 2015

On Retirement and "Meandering".....

Whew!!...
Had a busy day today!!

Life moved so fast, I didn't get any pictures....

Last night, however, I had a lovely little meandering ride around the farm with Griffin.

One advantage, as I see it,  in having such a long relationship with Griffin...and given the fact that he is a retired horse...is that the time we spend together is 100% focused on enjoying each other's company and bonding.

We don't work on anything....

Aside from a few stretches here and there, "meandering" is a perfect word to describe our rides.

There is literally no pressure to do anything specific.  While I would be lying if I said there weren't times that I miss having a horse to teach things to, there's also something very refreshing on making it a point to simply enjoy each other's company and not worry about all the usual, technical aspects of training.

When given a choice about where we ride around the farm, my old man adopts the brain of an animated colt about half his age. It's an empowering feeling for him, no doubt. For me, it's pure enjoyment seeing my Grif this happy.

When you add to that some VERY NICE weather, it's a perfect recipe for enjoying horse time to the fullest!

The below pics are from our time together last night ♡♡.

No comments:

Post a Comment