Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Smitten Kitten

I had a nice post started this morning about my younger cat, Lukus, and it appears that the Internet thought it was a good idea to eat it.

**Sigh**
So here's a much shorter version...

Yesterday was a frustrating day and coming home to my boys waiting for me after work really seemed to soothe my aching brain.

Lukus and I had a nice little play session with the mouse toy (while Simon was off somewhere napping). My silly little dark stripey cat was really able to take the edge off my chaotic day. Cats are so good at that!! ♡♡

When I adopted Luk, I immediately dubbed him my "Smitten Kitten." This came about because I was immediately smitten with his photo & story from the shelter. I knew I had to meet him when I went!

....and he immediately stole my heart.

My good friend Sandy and I have this joke that Lukus belongs in a Popeye cartoon. When Sandy first saw his photo on the shelter's webpage, she immediately blurted out "Look at that face!! He looks like grumpy Popeye. All he needs is a pipe and a can of spinach!"  Picturing my Lukus eating a can of Spinach still makes me laugh to this day.

The truth is Lukus is anything but grumpy. He is a fun - loving, silly cat whose shy (with strangers) personality makes him all that more lovable.

I still call him my Smitten Kitten because no matter how old he gets, I can still see that 6 month old kitten I first brought home  almost 3 years ago.

I loved his photo from the shelter website so much, I asked if I could have it......It's the first picture below (my little Popeye)!
The second photo is a kitten picture from his first week at home with me. The last 2 pictures I took last night after we were done playing.. ♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment